Tuesday 10 August 2010

The Holmes' Happenings

Well...I thought that I would keep you all up with the goss in the Holmes' household...and for you those of you who instantly though BABIES...no I am not pregnant, sorry to disappoint!! So, getting back to what I actually was going to tell you all...Ben and I are about to embark on our 2 month Road trip round Europe!! Now the reason I thought I would get you all up to date on our travel plans, is due to my latest goal in life to be a travel writer. (I seem to have run out of deep and meaningful things to write about due to my silent head as of late, leaving me no choice but to pursue another outlet for my writing cravings). And what better place to start than while actually doing some travelling! So, this being the long-term goal, (Joke's! It really isn't, but if I tell you all that it is I have a reason to get you all to read my travel updates), the short-term goal is to write a minimum of once every 4 days. (Do not be daunted at the large amount of blogs this will leave you to read...I do not expect your commitment to run quite that deep, and if it does, I promise I will try and make them interesting...no 'got up, chose what socks to wear, had breakfast, went into the city...blah blah blah'! :-)). Now to be honest I do see this as an achievable goal due to the fact that Ben and I will be living out of a van for that two months. Now when I say van, I am not talking about the large-not-much-short-of-a-bus Comby van that most people will embark on road trips in, I am talking about the small brethren-family-of-6 'people mover' you see on those frosty Saturday mornings at the Under 12's rugby. Now one might think we will get a bit claustrophobic being that neither of us are petite size 8's, but no, we truly love to feel close and intimate and be as much in each other's faces as possible! Getting back to my writing intentions, being that neither Ben nor I are massive clubbing fans, due to the fact that Ben doesn't like dancing much and I am getting old and rather nana-ish, I feel that our evenings will leave us with some time to do other after-dark activities, by which I mean, writing...for those of you who automatically thought I was referring to something else!

Well, that about brings you up to date on our plans for the next couple of months...that is, assuming Ben manages to get the bed and drawers built in the van, otherwise we will be camping out on car seats for two months, and no matter how much we enjoy each other's company, even we could not survive that!! I'll keep you posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment