Tuesday 21 September 2010

The Last of Switzerland...

Both Ben and I have decided that Switzerland has been BY FAR our favourite part of the holiday! Having been on travelling round for a month, and seeing so much amazing stuff...we have realised, rather quickly, that the best part of travelling is who you meet, and getting amongst the culture! Not only in Switzerland the most beautiful place on earth, but making friends with some of its beautiful citizens has just meant our holiday had reached new heights of beauty! We have been truly and utterly spoilt by Sylvia and her family...and without getting spiritual about it, I reckon this is how Jesus would make people if they came to visit him!

We took a chairlift to the top of one of the Swiss Alps, and had hot tomato soup and Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce, (No I was not even slightly afraid going on a chairlift without the imaginary safety of snow beneath me, despite what Ben or Sylvia might tell you if you were to ask them). We walked around crystal clear lakes in the middle of mountains, and hussed our way down the longest monorail in Europe...I personally reckon in the world! And yes I did huss, but only after I had made quite sure that not using the breaks the whole way down would not result in my cart flying off the rail at the corners, leading to a grusome death...yes then I was quite the speed demon! We ate traditional Swiss, and Austrian food, danced the night away, and were given plenty of much needed hair advice...well that last one was directed at me, and the mess I have made of mine going blond and using straighteners daily! So, now heading to Germany to stay with an old school friend of Ben's, we have planned our Swiss ski holiday for February, and made all our new friends promise to come stay with us in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment